The Korean alphabet was invented when a birthday wish on a cake was smudged by a careless Prime Minister who could not afford to lose face. Learn the art with today’s Groupon: for RM149, you get a full semester of introductory Korean language classes (RM500 value) from Maru Language Service in Bandar Sunway.
- Learning Korean alphabets – consonants, vowels and Hangeul reading / writing / listening
- Greetings and introductions – countries, occupations, and grammar
- Restaurant expressions – food, drinks, numbers, counting units, and grammar
- Shopping expressions – demonstratives, numbers, and grammar
- Daily life – places, time, food, interrogatives, and grammar
- Time – days of the week, time, interrogatives, and grammar
- Suggestions – months, time, place and grammar
- Place / directions – locations / positions, places, furniture and home appliances, and grammar
- Phone calls – vocabulary and grammar
Class start dates
- Jul 21, 2015 (Tuesday): 8pm – 9.30pm
- Jul 23, 2015 (Thursday): 8pm – 9.30pm
- Jul 25, 2015 (Saturday): 9.30pm – 11am / 11.30am – 1.30pm / 1.30pm – 3pm
- Jul 26, 2015 (Sunday): 9.30pm – 11am / 11.30am – 1.30pm / 1.30pm – 3pm
Customers are only allowed to attend one class per week and are not allowed to join in the middle of an intake.
MARU Language Services
Named after ‘maru’, a Korean word meaning ‘top of the mountain’ or ‘summit’, it represents the wishes of the faculty in churning out individuals who are successful in any venture they pursue. Feeling that the conventional methods of teaching are lacking in communication between students and teachers, MARU Language Services places a high importance in getting pupils to speak the language as often as possible; this is concurrent with the other meaning of ‘maru’ – living room, a place where the family gathers to communicate with each other. Key skills learnt during courses undertaken at the centre include writing, speaking, reading, and listening.
Youtube: Maru Learning