- Workshop for 1 person for RM88 instead of RM1,500
- Workshop for 2 people for RM160 instead of RM3,000 (only RM59 per person)
- Date and time:
- Jun 19, 2015 (Fri): 2pm – 5pm
- Jul 10, 2015 (Fri): 10.30am – 1pm
- Venue: Levain de Pastry, No.1A, Lorong Awan Jawa, Taman Yarl, 58200 Kuala Lumpur.
More classes will be scheduled.
3-hour workshop outline
- Introduction to the food and beverage industry
- Understanding different categories of food business and the trend in Malaysia
- Government guidelines involved in the food business
- Understanding the equipment and machineries involved in the food and beverage industry
- Business know-how
- Introduction to various standing operating procedure (SOP) involved in the food industry
- Cost Calculation VS Business Investment
- Introduction to design and renovation
- Introduction to financial and leasing facilities
- Introduction to the Halal food business
Levain de Pastry
Chef Eric Wong straddles up to 28 years of experience in the art of pastry making and even more in the food and beverage industry, having worked as a consultant for facilities and training centres along with innovating staple favourites like bread, pau, and doughnuts. He works in tandem with Chef Peter Hwan and master roaster J.Katosan, whose career began as a executive chef in renowned kitchens including Cafe Pamelia, Premier Hotel, Komugi bakery, and more where he demonstrates his culinary crafts in French, Italian, and Japanese cuisines. Offering accessible pastry and baking courses for the layman, Levain de Pastry is led by experienced chefs and a trained team that employs the use of natural or organic ingredients sans preservatives. Whenever possible, they also use sourdough for doughy creations to ensure a final product that has developed a natural taste. A bakery supplies shop stocked with frozen dough and ready-bake products offers cooking cheats for those wanting quick solutions to promises of homemade dinners. Housed in a uniquely decorated and self-built three-storey semi-detached bungalow, Levain de Pastry’s new base is next to Bukit Jalil and OUG, and aims to provide a warm, cosy, and peaceful learning ground for customers amidst natural greenery of plants and a resort-style ambience.
Facebook: Levain De Pastry Sdn Bhd