Before there was soap, humans used to wash themselves at the river and train cats to lick their owners’ face clean. Today’s Groupon stays clear of clingy attention with a basic soap-making workshop at Little Deer Hand Craft Center in Cheras. Choose from:
- Basic workshop for 1 person for RM78 instead of RM180
- Basic workshop for 2 people for RM138 instead of RM360 (only RM69 per person)
- Make natural cold process soap using natural ingredients such as vegetable oil, water, and sodium hydroxide
- Learn to handle sodium hydroxide safely
- Learn to do colour toning and adding essential oil as well as herbal colourants (purchased during workshop) for cold process soap
Utensils and ingredients provided (more than RM80 value).
Handmade from the first step, the century-old ‘cold process’ technique uses premium vegetable oils and extracts, and is free from harsh detergent and chemical additives. Each slice of soap is cut and trimmed into a desired shape, then cured for four weeks before it reaches customers in a box.
Customers may purchase additional essential oil or herbal colourants (price range from RM18 to RM40).
Customers also get:
- Free LittleDeer membership for the first 100 customers (get 5% off any future purchase of materials and soap products)
- RM50 cash voucher for any advanced workshop (valid until Sep 30, 2014)
- May 17, 2015 (Sun) 4pm – 6pm
- May 23, 2015 (Sat) 1pm – 3pm
- Jun 7, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
- Jun 13, 2015 (Sat) 1pm – 3pm
- Jun 21, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
- Jul 5, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
- Jul 18, 2015 (Sat) 1pm – 3pm
- Jul 19, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
- Jul 26, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
- Aug 2, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
- Aug 16, 2015 (Sun) 1pm – 3pm
Customers are advised to bring their own 1L empty milk carton, polystyrene container (to keep the milk carton), and stationery for note-taking. New sessions will be opened for booking in August, September, and October if current sessions are full.
Little Deer Hand Craft Center
Hobbyists looking to expand their creativity find solutions at the outskirts of Cheras where the Little Deer Hand Craft Center dwells. Specialising in handmade functional and decorative soaps, the creative art centre also provides classes for making candles, mastering clay art, and decoupage. Employing trainers who have trained in Taiwan, Japan, Europe, and Australia, the hobbyist place is located next to 99 Speedmart, Bandar Mahkota Cheras.